To connect to your meeting rooms on Lync, you need to ensure that your IT team has federated your Office 365 Lync environment to your room domain. It is a simple process:
- Log into your Office 365 admin account
- Navigate to Service Settings
- Select the section "IM, meetings and conferencing"
- Set the "External Communication" switch to "On"
- Save the settings and exit
- Wait for a while (approximately 10mins)
- Test by connecting to a room via Skype/Lync by typing the full address of the room "firstname.lastname@example.org" in the Skype/Lync search
- Click Call and enter the PIN using on screen keypad when Prompted
- You should be in the room now